Monday, March 1, 2010

And I thought cordless phones where the greatest invention ever.

 

 Man was I wrong about that...and the fashion statement of bejeweled clip-on button covers circa 1992...but that's a completely other post.
I can remember our good family friend Mark coming over and letting me try out his new fancy, gigantic, cordless phone.  It was freedom unlike any I had ever known.  I was able to have a conversation in private which went something like this...
Me- "Hey Crissey guess what I am on a phone in my room...and it doesn't have a cord!"  
Crissey- "Neat." 
Me- "Hey do you want to go to Swift T and get a Crystal Pepsi?" 
Crissey- "Sure!" 

So you can see why I was desperate for one of these phones...so I could carry out all my important business.  

Last weekend Eric, Kate, and Ellie went for a visit and got my parents all hooked up for Skype.  So I went and purchased a handy little webcam.  Finally yesterday we were able to sit down and chat.  We like to have never gotten all the technical difficulties worked out...we ended up having to use speaker phone along with the webcam to get audio with our visual (for all of you how aren't familiar with Sykpe that means picture and sound :)).  But all in all I would say it was a success!
So if you have Skype leave us a message and we will have to sit and talk.  That is of course once I have put on my make up, gotten dressed, and brushed my teeth.  It's a lot more work than just a phone call but it is defiantly worth it.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE SKYPE! When my brother is overseas that's how we talk to him and we Skype with my parents quite a bit, too! It's the best! Glad you were able to get one hooked up.

    p.s. I DIED LAUGHING when you were talking about button covers! I had TOTALLY forgotten about those things, probably shoved them right out of my mind, but I SO had at least 2 sets of them! Thanks for that memory!

    ReplyDelete