I woke up this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I am ecstatic that tomorrow we will be leaving for Dallas. My best friend Kelly is getting married this weekend to an amazing man, Michael.
I didn't think that I would be this emotional about Kelly getting married (even though Brynn is creeping up on a year old can I blame it on postpartum ;) It just thrills me to know that she is going to spend the rest of her life with such an incredible partner. Kelly has blessed my life with her friendship in more ways then she will ever know. Besides being the greatest friend a girl could ask for...I consider her my sister. There has never been a time (since we meet in middle school) that she hasn't been there for me. We even loaded up and went to Tech together and shared a dormroom (who knew a slob and someone with OCD couldn't live together). We had our bumps that year for sure and it was a trail to live together. But I am certain that it made our bond stronger. After college Kelly went to Chicago...this was the first time in our friendship that we wouldn't be in the same town. I didn't know what to do with myself. When she called to tell me she was going to move back to Dallas, I was over the moon. Selfish I know but I was lost without her. Kelly stood beside me when I married Cody, she was there when my parents moved away to Austin, she was there until 1:00am the night that Chandler was born, and she was there the day I delivered Brynn. Kelly was also there the week that we were packing up to move to Childress. With a newborn, a toddler, and Cody already gone...the friends (and my mother) are what got me through the move. I think at the time I was so overwhelmed and everything was happening so fast...that I didn't realize Kelly wouldn't be there. Over the past 10 months it hits me at different moments that she is not a short car ride away, but I know without a doubt when I call her...she will drop everything and talk for hours if I need her. I love her with all my heart, in fact I think a good chunk of it belongs to her. You may wonder why I am typing this all out...It is because I fear that if I am asked to make a toast this weekend, my words will fail me. I want Kelly to know how much she means to me and more importantly how proud I am that she is marrying Michael.
One of my favorite songs has the most incredible lyrics that I want to share:
Love is not a place
To come and go as we please
It's a house we enter in
Then commit to never leave
So lock the door behind you
Throw away the key
We'll work it out together
Let it bring us to our knees
Love is a shelter in a raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
And if we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door
No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for
To some, love is a word
That they can fall into
But when they're falling out
Keeping that word is hard to do
To come and go as we please
It's a house we enter in
Then commit to never leave
So lock the door behind you
Throw away the key
We'll work it out together
Let it bring us to our knees
Love is a shelter in a raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
And if we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door
No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for
To some, love is a word
That they can fall into
But when they're falling out
Keeping that word is hard to do
Love will come to save us
If we'll only call
He will ask nothing from us
But demand we give our all
If we'll only call
He will ask nothing from us
But demand we give our all
I will fight for you
Would you fight for me?
It's worth fighting for
Would you fight for me?
It's worth fighting for
I love you Kelly,
Your MAID of Honor




Now that's about the sweetest thing I have ever heard! She's so lucky to have known you for so long. I sure got ripped off though! :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys have a fantastic time in Dallas. And please do not cry yourself to sleep every night because you miss poor Payton so badly. i promise to take great care of her...or at least to keep her alive!;)
Happy wedding day, Kelley! Maybe someday we will meet!