![]() |
| Google Image |
I said I would NEVER own an e-reader. I love the way a book feels in my hand. The sense of accomplishment I feel as the stack of pages collect after being read. But I finally broke down and got the Nook Color for two reasons. First, we live almost 2 hours from a Barnes & Noble. So we can't make our almost weekly trips like we did in Dallas. Second, I can get almost all of my magazine subscriptions on this device. If you know my mother and her obsession with magazines....then you realize I come by it honestly (I hear the first step is admitting your problem). US Weekly and Glamour are two that I recieve...they are great! It is so fun to open it up and see that I have a new magazine waiting to read. I don't have to go download or find it....just magically appears. Also I have always felt so wasteful throwing all that paper in the trash when I am done and this cuts way back on that.
I have only read a few short books so far on it like:
One Thousand Gifts by:Ann Voskamp
![]() |
| Google Image |
Wonderful book. It makes you find joy and thankfulness in the small everyday moments. LOVE! Most of my books are still paper copies...it is just not the same.
There are several children books as well but I haven't tried those out because once the girls see them...I will never see it during daylight hours again (learned that lesson the hard way with the Iphone).
They also have apps for it like Angry Birds, Uno, Epicurious and other fun ones. It really is a neat reader and it fits my needs perfectly.


No comments:
Post a Comment