Monday, February 22, 2010

Sew, what have you been up to?

I should probably apologize for the title but I won't...because it's cute!  I have been on a sewing frenzy here lately.  Marsha lent me her sewing machine at Christmas.  I have had sew (OK I am done now) much fun with it!  Here are some of the curtains and one of the bed skirts I have done so far... 

 
Kenna's bed skirt..It's not 100% finished.  Don't you just love the ribbon and rick rack trim Amy made!


 
Valence for the girl's playroom...still have to add some kind of trim where I pieced the two fabrics together.
(I know you have noticed the trend here that none of them are finished ugghh...)


 
The fun coordinating fabrics to do curtains for the reading nook and storage and a few pillows also for the playroom.

 
 

This dresser is fixing to be painted a fun turquoise or red...not sure which yet and get some fun new knobs.  But this is the curtain I made for extra storage after Amy and I swiped the drawers to make some way fun ribbon organizers.

  
Little burlap curtain for the back door.  I loved sewing with the burlap and now I just need to find some cute fabric to pair with and I want to make some curtains for the kitchen.

 
Where the magic happens ;)

4 comments:

  1. What a geat job! I would love to know how to sew.. It would be SEW MUCH FUN..lol.. couldnt resist! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it all!!!! You're doing such a fabulous job! Now, if you could only teach me how to thread the needle of my machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Amy the trick to threading is to never unthread. You take off the spool off, and cut and knot the new color to it and then from the needled just slowly tug on it and pull it through. I am glad you are sewing and being so domestic in that area. I wonder where the heck it came from.....sorry Sally...

    Susan (Sugar to the girls)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SEW impressed! Teach me, teach me! haha...I actually know what I'm doing but I'm afraid I'll mess up...how typical JANET is that?? haha!

    ReplyDelete