Many of you that view this blog already know how Cody popped the question. But some of our Childress friends don't. Since today is the 4 year anniversary of when we got engaged...I thought I might share the story and some pictures.
Cody arranged to propose up at the elementary where I was teaching 3rd grade. He had my family, friends, and even teachers in on the whole thing. I knew that he was going to ask me at some point but thought that it would have to wait until football season was over. It was a total surprise. My friend Heather had both our classes together watching a video in my room. She then lured me out of the room to go get some coffee. When I returned there was a bouquet of roses on my desk. I went to read the card and it said "I love you more than you will ever know. Turn around." After a few moments of total confusion I saw Cody standing in the doorway of my classroom and behind him was my family, friends, and pretty much the whole teaching staff. He then preceded to get down on one knee in front of both my classes and propose. It was perfect! Of course I said yes and then afterwards my class had a party complete with our song and cupcakes.
I never will forget this day...it was without a doubt the best decision of my life. I love you, Cody Ross Chisum! You still amaze me everyday with your caring and thoughtful ways.
That is sooo sweet!!!! I love the crazy kids! haha!
ReplyDeleteWhat an example for those kids of what real love and romance is all about!!! Great pics and great story! I have to agree, you have one sweet hubby! Aren't we SOOO blessed?? Amen!
ReplyDeleteps. Love your new blog look! Great job!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet! I love to learn things like that about new friends!!
ReplyDeleteAwwww...thanks for making me cry at 8 am!!:) Absolutely awesome engagement story! I LOVE IT!! Hope you survived the day yesterday...being that you didn't get to talk to me a single time!!LOL!:)
ReplyDelete