Saturday, August 29, 2009

Little Piece of Heaven....


I wanted to share a great recipe with you that my family has made for years. I believe that my mom's sister Phyllis would make these cookies and mail them to my mother in a Pringles can when she was in college. I always seem to have the ingredients on hand whenever I want to make a batch.


Thumbprint Cookies:

2 sticks margarine (softened)

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 egg yolks

3 cups flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)


Mix margarine, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla. Add flour, salt, and nuts slowly while mixing. Roll into little balls. Place on to a cookie sheet and press with your thumb. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.


While cookies are cooling make the icing.


(Enough icing for a double batch)

1 stick melted butter

1 box confectioners sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 cup milk

couple of drops of food coloring


Enjoy!!




4 comments:

  1. Yummy, you could send me some in a Pringles can!!

    Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - these look awesome YUM! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! Glad that you have joined us in the big C-Town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound GREAT and most importantly in my kitchen, EASY! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love thumprint cookies and will try them soon!....maybe tomorrow! Thanks for sharing. Maybe you will post them on the Coach's Wife, under RECIPE"s!

    ReplyDelete